ACTIVITY 1: Allow ½ - 1 hour (maximum) to complete this activity.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by 'sustainable development'.
- Discuss sustainable development with others
Appropriate definition of sustainable development:
- Recognise relation between environmental, social and economic elements
- Contact your Local Authority
Look at the various Definitions of sustainable development ep@w has collected.
You may want to see how the term 'sustainable development' fits other environmental business terms, visit Cleaner Production.com.
- Choose one of the definitions given and explain why you like it the best. Or
- Find another saying and explain why you consider it defines sustainable development. Or
- Devise a new definition of your own.
Send a letter requesting a free copy of the 'Local Agenda 21' document from your nearest local authority office or town hall.
Keep a copy of your request and response in your portfoilio.
You will need a Local Agenda 21 for ACTIVITY 4